Consumer self care under the spotlight at 2011 ASMI Conference
Australian and international healthcare industry experts will discuss key issues impacting health literacy in the non-prescription medicines sector at the 2011 Australian Self Medication Industry national conference in Sydney on 16 November.
With the theme, Promoting Self Care Literacy, the conference
will hear experts from government, the healthcare industry,
academia, the pharmacy profession, GPs, private health insurance
and consumers on latest trends in consumer self care and health
- Dr Rohan Hammett, National Manager, Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Prof Saul Shiffman PhD, Research Professor of Psychology (Clinical and Health Psychology), University of Pittsburgh (USA)
- Professor Kerryn Phelps AM, President, Australasian Integrative Medicine Association
- Rhonda White, Co-Founder of the Terry White Chemists Group of Pharmacies; Managing Director, White Retail Group
- Kate Carnell AO, Chief Executive, Australian Food & Grocery Council
- Carol Bennett, Executive Director, Consumers Health Forum of Australia
- David Ballhausen, CEO, Life Education Australia
- Audra Millis, Manager, Health Content, Bupa Australia
- Trish Greenway, Medical Technology Association of Australia, Code of Practice Committee
- Marcel Sieira, General Manager - Business Development, GS1 Australia
- When: Wednesday 16 November 2011
- Where: Waterview Convention Centre, Bicentennial Park, Sydney Olympic Park,
- Time: Commencing 10.00 am
ASMI Marketing & Business Development Director, Ms Filomena
Maiese said the conference will highlight both the opportunities
and the challenges in developing a fresh approach to enhanced
personal responsibility for health in Australia.
"If we are to get people to take a greater interest in personal health, we need to examine how the various parts of the healthcare sector can all play a part. The conference will look at the role of healthcare practitioners, GPs, pharmacists, the medicines industry and health insurance providers, and how they can engage with consumers to build a healthier society".
The conference will conclude with the ASMI Sales & Marketing
awards which recognise best practice in healthcare sales &
marketing initiatives, and this year the "new" format awards
program has seen a record number of entries submitted.
Further information on the 2011 ASMI Conference is available at www.asmiconference.com
About ASMI: The Australian Self-Medication Industry (ASMI) is the peak industry body for the Australian self care industry representing consumer healthcare products including over-the-counter medicines and complementary medicines. ASMI's mission is to promote better health through responsible self-care. This means ensuring that safe and effective self-care products are readily available to all Australians at a reasonable cost. ASMI works to encourage responsible use by consumers and an increasing role for cost-effective self-medication products as part of the broad national health strategy. www.asmi.com.au
Media Contact: Bob Bowden, Foresight Communications (02) 9241 2811 or 0412 753 298, email@example.com