2012 ASMI Conference looks to the future
The Australian Self-Medication Industry (ASMI) has announced the program for its 2012 Annual Conference, with a focus on identifying and harnessing future trends in regulation, healthcare retailing, technology and consumer behaviour.
With the title, "Future Proofing the Consumer Healthcare Industry", the conference will feature an impressive collection of Australian and international key opinion leaders and experts from industry, pharmacy, academia, general practice and government. Speakers include:
- Dr John Skerritt, National Manager, Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Dr Stewart Jessamine, Group Manager Corporate, Medsafe (NZ) INTERNATIONAL SPEAKER
- John Bronger, President, Pharmaceutical Society of Australia - NSW Branch
- David E. Webber, Director-General, World Self-Medication Industry (WSMI) (France) INTERNATIONAL SPEAKER
- David Skinner, President, Consumer Health Products, Canada (Canada) INTERNATIONAL SPEAKER
- Francine Nieto, Global Marketing Director, IMS Consumer Health (UK) INTERNATIONAL SPEAKER
- George Negus, TV presenter and journalist
- Craig Rispin CSP, Business Futurist & Innovation Expert, The Future Trends Group
- Dr Gary Mortimer, International Business, Queensland University of Technology Business School
Topics explored through both keynote and panel sessions include: developing a world class regulatory system in Australia; the changing face of consumer behaviour and the healthcare retailing landscape; the increasing use of technology in the healthcare space, and; the latest trends within and outside the consumer healthcare industry that could impact the industry's future.
The Executive Director of ASMI, Dr Deon Schoombie, said the
conference would bring a wealth of global expertise to address a
number of critical issues facing the industry.
"The idea is to take a global perspective of issues such as medicines regulation and healthcare retailing and to see where, and how, Australia can become world-class."
This conference is a must for anyone interested in consumer healthcare including marketing, regulatory and sales personnel, government and consumer representatives, advertising/PR agencies, healthcare recruiters, academics and healthcare professionals.
A key feature of the conference will be the dinner, which includes the presentation of the 2012 ASMI Sales & Marketing Awards.
The conference will take place on Tuesday 13 November 2012 at
the Waterview Convention Centre, Bicentennial Park (located within
the Sydney Olympic Park precinct), Homebush, Sydney.
For more information or to register for the conference, go to www.asmi.com.au/events
About ASMI: The Australian Self-Medication Industry (ASMI) is the peak industry body for the Australian self care industry representing consumer healthcare products including over-the-counter medicines and complementary medicines. ASMI's mission is to promote better health through responsible self-care. This means ensuring that safe and effective self-care products are readily available to all Australians at a reasonable cost. ASMI works to encourage responsible use by consumers and an increasing role for cost-effective self-medication products as part of the broad national health strategy. www.asmi.com.au
Media contact: Bob Bowden, Foresight Communications (02) 9241 2811, 0412 753 298